The benefits of serving in our armed forces are many. Not only do you have to honor know you worked to defend America’s liberties, but there are secret benefits you may not know about. Many people know about the big benefits, such as healthcare and VA home loans, but we hope these lesser-known benefits will add a little excitement to your New Year.
Of course, the major holidays, Veterans Day and Memorial Day, bring added perks, but these secret veteran benefits are available all year round.
Secret veteran benefits
- Free Event Tickets: Veterans and their family members can obtain free or discount tickets to sporting events, concerts and more. People and organizations will donate unused event tickets designated specifically for military use. For more information, click here.
- Retail Discounts: Hundreds of retailers from The Home Depot to Apple offer discounts for veterans. A complete list of the business and discounts can be found here.
- Financial Services: From tax preparation to credit help, there are numerous free and discounted financial services available to veterans and their families. H&R Block and other major tax preparers offer significant discounts to veterans. Veterans may also be entitled to free income tax preparation through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
- Theme Park Passes: Disneyland, Busch Gardens, Knott’s Berry Farm, Six Flags and others offer discounts to current and retired military members and their families. This makes experiencing one of those theme parks with the family much less financially burdensome.
- National Parks: All veterans receive free admission to national parks. Available in most states, the USGS All Access pass is free to veterans.
- Free Vacations: Need to get away? Wounded veterans have the ability to spend a week in the tranquil South Dakota Black Hills thanks to an organization called Operation Black Hills Cabins.
- Free Hunting and Fishing Licenses: States such as Texas, New Mexico and Illinois offer free hunting and fishing licenses to qualifying veterans.
See, now there’s no excuse not to get out and enjoy the new year with all these secret veteran benefits. For more information on free and discount veteran benefits, visit https://www.mysavings.com/free-samples/Veterans/92604/