Have you ever just needed to get away but couldn’t justify the expense of a vacation? Between airfare, hotels, meals and more, a vacation can cost a pretty penny. But one airline is trying to help reduce those costs for military members, veterans and their families.
Allegiant Air recently announced Allegiant Honors – a special program to support and thank U.S. active duty military and veterans for their service with select free services.
“All of us at Allegiant take great pride in supporting the brave men and women who serve our country every day,” said Maurice J. Gallagher, Allegiant chairman and CEO. “The Allegiant Honors program extends our thanks by making it a little easier for active members of the military, veterans and their families to travel. We are honored to have them fly with us.”
According to Fox News, qualifying military personnel and their spouses or dependents are eligible for the following discounts:
- Up to three (3) pieces of checked baggage free. Each bag must weigh under 100 lbs.
- No charge for oversized checked baggage.
- One (1) carry-on bag within Allegiant size limits free.
- Free boarding pass printing at the airport.
- Free seat assignments, pending availability.
- Up to one (1) pet in cabin free.
- Active military may board with priority boarding at no charge.
- Active military will not be charged a change or cancelation fee due to a change in orders. (To change or cancel an existing reservation active military personnel must contact Customer Care.)
A complete list of services, as well as eligibility and ID requirements, may be accessed at www.allegiant.com/military-discount.