Still hunting for that perfect stocking stuffer for the veteran or active-duty service member in your family? With Christmas just over a week away, time is running out. Why not kill two birds with one stone and support a veteran run business while shopping for your loved ones in uniform?
Here are five stocking stuffers for veterans by veterans:
- “Once a Warrior Always a Warrior:” This bestselling book by Colonel Charles W. Hoge, MD, shines a light on the stigma of mental illness and its impact on veterans. It’s an essential handbook for anyone who has been away in war zone and their family. The book is available for Kindle, paperback and audio download on Amazon.
- Bullets2Bandages Bottle Opener: We’ve written about this product in the past, but it’s worth mentioning again. Bullets2Bandages is a mission-driven apparel and accessories company built specifically to give thanks to veterans of the U.S. armed forces. Their flagship product, the one that got them started, is the .50 caliber bullet bottle opener that has been featured in media all across the country, including The Huffington Post and Fox News. You can buy one here.
- Veteran Apparel: Nine Line Apparel is a veteran-owned brand specializing in American-made patriotic clothing and other gear. According to its website, “Nine Line Apparel aims to reinvigorate the sense of patriotism and national pride that is disappearing daily from our society.” The company makes T-shirts, hats, hoodies, backpack and several other products with military themes.
- Luxury Socks: These luxury, American-made wool socks from Penance Hall are sure to impress your loved ones. Made in North Carolina from wool harvested in South Carolina, these stocks are colorful, yet dignified and guaranteed to stay up on your leg. In fact, if they ever fall down, you can send them back for a full refund. The veteran-owned company got its start on Kickstarter and has been featured in media such as The Washington Post and Bloomberg.
- A Cup of Joe: What Christmas morning is complete without a nice hot cup of coffee. Consider a pack of Lock N Load Java for your military loved one this holiday. Lock N Load Java allows you to send coffee directly to troops no matter where they are stationed. Founded by LTC(R) Carl Churchill, a combat veteran with 21 years of service as both an enlisted soldier and officer, and his wife Lori Churchill, the company has been keeping military personnel caffeinated since 2010.
Now that you know it’s possible to give to veterans while supporting veterans, this Christmas will be more special than ever. Happy Holidays from our family to yours!